This is public info posted on WAF website but it’s harder to find it there. And there is one mistake regarding AFRICA board member on waf-armwrestling.com ► WAF OFFICE 2016-2020
Each Executive Board member represents a continent, except for the President and the General Secretary.
The photos for the first 5 WAF Executive Board members are from the WAF website, the photos for the last 3 WAF Executive Board members are from facebook.
You can click on the link below each photo, to see the articles where the WAF Executive Board member is mentioned on WAF website, or you can click on the facebook link which redirects to a search on facebook with his name.
1. ASSEN HADJITODOROV (Bulgaria)
- WAF President and EAF President, President of the Bulgarian Armwrestling Federation
WAF GENERAL SECRETARY:
2. MIRCEA SIMIONESCU – SIMICEL (Romania)
- WAF General Secretary, EAF General Secretary, General Secretary of the Romanian Armwrestling Association “Braţ de Fier”
WAF VICE PRESIDENTS:
3. ATILLA CSABAI (Hungary) – EUROPE
- WAF Vice President, EAF Vice President, President of the Hungarian Armwrestling Federation
4. JEENBEK MUKAMBETOV (Kyrgyzstan) – ASIA
- Vice-President of the World Armwrestling Federation (WAF), President of the Asian Armwrestling Federation (AAF)
5. HUMBERTO PANZETTI (Brazil) – SOUTH AMERICA
- World Armwrestling Federation Vice President, President of South American Armwrestling Federation
6. SIMON BERRIOCHOA (USA) – NORTH AMERICA
- World Armwrestling Federation Vice President, President of United States Armwrestling Federation
7. ZIEN ELHOARY (Egypt) – AFRICA
- World Armwrestling Federation Vice President, President of Armwrestling Federation of Africa (AFA)
8. PHIL RASMUSSEN (Australia) – OCEANIA – RESIGNED World Armwrestling Federation Vice President, President of Australian Armwrestling Federation
- Phil Rasmussen resigned from the WAF Executive Board
I asked Phil Rasmussen why he resigned, this was his answer:
“Due to a variety of factors including starting a new business, change in family circumstances, and the continued running of the Australian Armwrestling Federation, I was unable to fulfill my commitments with the WAF Executive Board and this had been the case for some time.
The position of WAF Vice President for Oceania will remain open, however at this stage I am unaware of any candidates who would nominate themselves for this responsibility. My journey in the sport of Armwrestling has been incredibly rewarding and I will continue to evolve the sport in Australia and support the global community.”
“I do hope still they can heal this rift with PAL and unite Armwrestling, that has always been our focus in Australia and will continue to be.”