” All National Fedarations, executive members, coaches and trainers , competitors are invited to pay attention to these changes in the WADA Prohibited List of substances 2016.
THIS LIST IS VALID FROM 1 JANUARY 2016.
REMARK // Please pay special attention:
– for the addition of Meldonium (Mildronate) as recent cases in Tennis have showed .
– for the use of Diuretics (like Furosemide), that can be punished by 4-year suspension.
– WADA advices to avoid taking Supplements . If an athlete wants to take a supplement, please check the composition and also that the BADGE of this particular supplement has been certified to be drug-free for WADA !!!
– if you need to take prohibited products for medical treatment, YOU MUST USE the Special Form for Application of Therapeutic Use Exemption (wada-tue-application-WAF-form-2016-en.pdf) and send it AT LEAST 6 weeks before the European or the World Championship, signed and stamped by the athlete and the Specialized Doctor.
2016 PROHIBITED LIST
SUBSTANCES AND METHODS PROHIBITED AT ALL TIMES (IN- AND OUT-OF-COMPETITION)
S2. Peptide hormones, Growth Factors, Related Substances and Mimetics
· Leuprorelin replaced triptorelin as a more universal example of a chorionic gonadotrophin and luteinizing hormone-releasing factor.
S4. Hormone and Metabolic Modulators
· Insulin-mimetics were added to the List to include all insulin-receptor agonists.
· Meldonium (Mildronate) was added because of evidence of its use by athletes with the intention of enhancing performance.
S5. Diuretics and Masking Agents
· It was clarified that the ophthalmic use of carbonic anhydrase inhibitors is permitted.
SUBSTANCES AND METHODS PROHIBITED IN-COMPETITION
· It was clarified that clonidine is permitted.
SUBSTANCES PROHIBITED IN PARTICULAR SPORTS
· After consideration of the Federation International de Motocyclisme (FIM)’s request, their Federation was removed from the list of sports prohibiting alcohol as a doping agent.
WADA understands that FIM will address the use of alcohol using their own regulations.
· Meldonium was removed from the Monitoring Program and added to the Prohibited List.
· Hydrocodone, morphine/codeine ratio and tapentadol were removed from the Monitoring Program.
For the Doping Control Committee,
Director of Doping Control Committee “